- Provide a space for headway members to meet bi-monthly to socialise in a safe environment free from isolation or judgement, as per our member’s code of conduct.
- Events: Summer day trip, Christmas meal, Fish & Chips, Pancake Day etc.
- Therapeutic sessions in drop ins – Anger Management, Relaxation, Physiotherapy
- Teaching sessions – Brain Injury Awareness, First Aid
- Benefit and Welfare Advice – Applications for benefits, Appeals for refused benefits
- Headway phone – advice/ listening service;
- Legal Advocacy – including signposting and referral letters
- Volunteer’s programme for individuals wishing to get involved in this type of service;
- Information/ advice and support to charities/ businesses in the Fylde area
- Support NHS services locally – Limited
- Liaison service with GPs
- ABI team referral
- A fully inclusive service to all brain injury survivors across the Fylde coast including but not limited to:
- Those within the community
- Those within residential settings
- Those within hospital and NHS Units
- Those within prison or on temporary release from prison/ parole programmes
- Those who are homeless/ with no fixed address
- Increase day trips/ evenings out alongside the service in place
- Create fundraising opportunities for our members to engage in fundraising.
- Improve benefit advice giving including in house benefits advice from an independent benefits advisor.
- In house employment law advice from an employment lawyer
- Volunteer’s training programme for individuals wishing to get involved in this type of service
- An active volunteers service with a training and development programme for volunteers to be able to work in different areas of the organisation.
- Raising awareness of brain injury and the effects of it to others within
- the community and
- within NHS services
- Understanding that this will have both a positive impact upon how HBWF members are treated in society and that it is likely to link in with fundraising as more people understand what we do.
- Advice/ Information and an open working relationship with Businesses/Charities