There are lots of ways you can support our charity, below are just a few fund-raising ideas you might like to consider.
- Fun runs or walks (choose your distance and location!)
- Bake Sales– in the office. You could even add an element of competition and offer a prize for the best bake.
- Facebook Birthday Fundraisers – Instead of presents from friends and family, request they make a small donation to your Facebook Birthday Fundraiser. Easy to set up, simply choose Headway Blackpool via the Facebook app. Encouraging people to donate to a worthy cause whilst celebrating your birthday!
- Quiz Nights – These work well either in a physical venue or on an online platform via an app such as Zoom. You can build the quiz using a website like Kahoot!, which allows you to insert photos and clips. Charge an entry fee per team or per person (so that larger teams pay more) Encourage people to get creative by offering a prize for the best team name and generate additional funds by holding a raffle on the night.
- Raffles – Easy to organise and always popular, a raffle is a great way to generate extra funds, especially if you can get some really good prizes. Ask around the office for prize donations and speak to local businesses too – you’d be surprised many people would want to win a free MOT from the local garage, a beauty treatment from the local salon or a voucher for a local shop.
- Hats for Headway Day (May) ask colleagues to wear a hat for work the bigger the better! Charge £1-£5 for this, then host a cake sale, we can provide posters to promote this. Hats for Headway is a national campaign and always comes at the end of ABI week in May, this campaign benefits from a large amount of national social media support via Headway UK.
- Extreme challenges such as:
- 3 peaks walk
(Book your place then gain sponsorship funding and donations)
Please let us know if you’d like to fundraise on our behalf – we can support you with promotional posts on our social media channels and via our website. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org